Eating healthy doesn't have to be complicated!
Rockliffe Properties wants to help you kickstart healthy eating with these simple tips:
- Start by eliminating junk food, sugary drinks, and processed foods from your apartment. With temptation removed, you will have better success.
- Treat yourself once a week. Rewarding your healthy choices can help eliminate overindulging, overeating, and splurging on empty calories. Keep those tempting foods out of your kitchen by indulge at a café or bakery.
- Eat lots of veggies! Try to eat veggies and fruit with every meal, and at dinnertime, half your plate should be vegetables.
- When cooking at home, choose lean meats and replace cooking salt with herbs and spices.
- Use a cheat sheet! Create a custom food guide with My Food Guide provided by the Government of Canada and post it right on your fridge.
It can be difficult to eat healthy when dining out. Thankfully, here in Oakville, there are many great restaurants that not only serve delicious meals, but they prepare their dishes with fresh all-natural locally sourced ingredients.
- b.good: This restaurant is located at 487 Cornwall Road and serves hand-cooked meals made with local ingredients. Some dishes include all-natural hamburgers, salads, and kale and grain bowls.
- Vegebitez: Located at 2460 Neyagawa Blvd, this restaurant is 100% peanut free, gluten free, and vegan! Open Tuesday to Saturday, meals here include Cheezy Mac (or build your own Mac & Cheese), burgers, milkshakes, and Quinoa bowls.
- Noble Bistro: This fine dining restaurant, at 218 Lakeshore Road East, serves farm to fork cuisine that includes pan seared Canadian scallops, tuna tartare, and a variety of soaps and salads.
- Kerr St. Café: Located at 289 Kerr Street, this is a Kerr Village staple that serves nutritious breakfasts, savory coffee, and weekend brunch. And now, Wednesday to Saturday, they stay open until 10pm for dinner!
Don't have time to cook a nutritious meal or in the mood to dine out? Order in! Forget the greasy pizza, here in Oakville, you can have freshly made delicious meals delivered right to your apartment door! Just Eat has several healthy delivery options ready for your order!