Reading is a great way to reduce stress, improve your memory, and stimulate your mind.
So, when the winter weather has you down, grab a drink, a warm blanket, and cozy up with a good book.
Rockliffe Properties has put together a short list of newly released or soon to be released books for your winter reading enjoyment.
- The Spring Girls A modern day retelling of Little Women. If you loved the original, Anna Todd breathes new life to the classic Little Women story.
- The Wolves of Winter by Tyrell Johnson is a young girls story of survival in the frozen wilderness of the Yukon. Fans of The Hunger Games will love this one!
- Force of Nature is Jane Harper's debut novel that has everyone talking! While on a corporate retreat, five women are forced to go on a hike. Only four return. Look for this gripping page-turner in stores February 6th.
- The English Wife Lauren Willig's gothic murder mystery is full of betrayal, secrets, twists, and turns. Once you start reading this, you won't want to put it down!
- The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn is a gripping thriller about a recluse who fears she has witnessed a crime at her neighbours house. Gillian Flynn, author of Gone Girl, describes this novel as "Astounding. Thrilling. Amazing."
The easiest way to fit all the books you want in your apartment is with a library card! The Oakville Public library has 6 branches throughout the city and hosts events and activities for all. Borrowing books is easy and convenient with their online catalog, inter-library loaning system, and access to Hoopla digital streaming service.
Look for these award-winning and best-selling novels at your Oakville Public Library branch:
- Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah is a heartbreaking story of love, loss, and redemption.
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern is a dark, magical love story centered around a black and white circus.
- Blackberry Winter by Sarah Jio is about the mysterious disappearance of a little boy during a late-season snowstorm.